Product Development Coordinator – Chicago
Join Our Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as an Account Manager! We’ve built the best technology and service and now we are looking for a highly energic and motivated individual to hit the ground running within our fast-growing company. If you have the curiosity, passion and entrepreneurial spirit then lets move forward together! At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
About the Role:
Our perfect match will demonstrate passion within their role and focus on driving customer service and coordinating the product development of labels, tags and various other retail packaging product lines. This is a creative role and requires an innovative individual to perform fearlessly. Energy and enthusiasm are also essential. This position is ideally suited for an individual who is able to balance creativity with good analytical skills and stay focused on results – someone who enjoys problem solving, loves a challenge and is committed to continuous improvement and growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for uploading artwork and reference image to PDM development website
- Creates individual items in the PDM website for sampling and pricing
- Requests samples and pricing from sourcing location and tracks sample status
- Performs basic artwork pre-flight
- Utilizes Adobe Illustrator to create e-proofs, reference images and make simple revisions to artwork
- Maintains customer reference book of status of all samples and pricing until approval following the Nexgen company established SOP
- Assists in any capacity necessary to move orders through the system quickly and efficiently
- Assists customer w/ orders, answering questions, tracking information, use of Online Ecom ordering website, contact information
- Create customer profiles, user documentation, samples books, etc.
- Assist with operational needs, including inventory management, purchasing, process review, and customer presentations.
- Be bold in thought and creative in solutions.
Ideally, We’d Like You to Have:
- Strong customer service skills – communications, relationship building and teamwork are critical
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2-4 Years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Print experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, analyze and problem solve
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Data Entry skills is required
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!