Join Our Team!
Nexgen Packaging stands at the forefront of the label, tag, packaging, and trim industry, delivering Interior Labels, Exterior Tags, Patches, Bags, and Packaging with a touch of innovation. Our global footprint caters to retail and brands, showcasing our commitment to excellence. Headquartered in the United States, we extend our influence through an extensive network of over 25 branches, subsidiaries, and affiliates in the USA, Asia, and Latin America.
We’ve crafted industry-leading technology and services, and we’re on the lookout for a dynamic, go-getter to thrive in our rapidly expanding company. If you bring curiosity, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit to the table, let’s forge ahead together! At Nexgen Packaging, we’re curating a team of exceptionally talented, experienced, and creative individuals. We welcome independent thinkers and self-starters who want to contribute to a dedicated and enjoyable work environment. Committed to the growth of our employees, we create ample career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
• Working with team members to schedule department workload on the small format digital color and black and white production printing equipment.
• Reviewing and understanding production work orders; communicating with other departments, staff members, and customers to gather any additional information needed to complete the job to the customers’ expectations.
• Operating small format production equipment including printers, copiers, scanners, bindery equipment, cutting devices, and folding machines.
• Performing hand work such as mailing preparation.
• Perform large format output and finishing.
• Scanning documents for quality control.
• Working with Production team to troubleshoot and prepare electronic files for output.
• Set up equipment, run jobs and perform quality control.
• Understanding of desktop publishing applications, offset printing processes, digital file types and associated procedures in PC platforms.
• Reviewing and understanding production work orders; communicating with other departments to gather any additional information needed to complete the job to the customers’ expectations.
• Comprehensive understanding of all software used by customers submitting printing jobs and by print shop producing jobs.
• Comfortable performing basic computer maintenance.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Print shop production, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
• 1-2 years’ experience in a full-service, high-volume print shop
• Any type of production experience is a plus.
• Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
• Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. (occasionally) .
• Ability to adapt and work independently.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Comfortable working in a fast- paced environment and able to work on multiple projects at once while maintaining a calm composure.
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing as you will be interacting directly with other departments to coordinate print projects.
• Proven knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong file management and organizational skills
• Experience performing basic printing equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, including changing paper and toner, clearing jams, following on-screen instructions to bring equipment back to operational standards.
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!
We will provide a space that:
• Embraces forward thinking,
• Values employees’ contribution,
• Drives personal growth, and
• Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We offer competitive benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance and a competitive 401k match.
Nexgen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Candidates local to Chicago are preferred. You must be authorized to work in the United States, full time, for any employer.