This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as an Account Manager! We’ve built the best technology and service and now we are looking for a highly energic and motivated individual to hit the ground running within our fast-growing company. If you have the curiosity, passion and entrepreneurial spirit then lets move forward together! At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
About the Role:
The Lead Software Developer will be responsible for the design, development, testing and deployment of cloud-based mission critical business applications. You will work with a team of developers to design and develop new capabilities, enhance existing applications and drive continuous improvements leveraging latest technologies and software development methodology.
Candidates should have 10+ years of software development experience in Microsoft environment. Strong hands-on technical skills with C#, Microsoft .Net, SQLServer and Microsoft Azure cloud environment with ability to understand business requirements, and develop, deliver high quality software solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for design of functional and high-performance software solutions
- Lead the technical design, application architecture and development of complex, cross-functional, cloud-based applications
- Investigate and resolve deficiencies, monitor and optimize application performance and drive improvements
- Develop use cases and high-level program specifications, perform code reviews and help maintain code quality
- Understand business requirements and drive solution design to deliver effective and consistent user experience
- Perform technical research to enable continuous improvements, implement best practices and procedures to ensure software application design and systems adhere to standards
- Develop and implement test methodology, version control and release process to ensure application quality and performance prior to deployment in production environment
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and deploying high performance mission critical business applications on Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Strong hands-on experience with software development using C#, Microsoft .Net and SQL Server database
- Good understanding of RDBMS data modeling concepts, logical and physical data models and proficient with design and development of database objects, stored procedure and triggers
- Experience scaling and optimizing application performance preferably with commercial B2B, supply chain application platforms
- Excellent combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with team
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology, CD/CI, UI/UX design and test automation techniques
- Ability to organize and prioritize activities across multiple projects to deliver milestones on-time
- Bachelor’s degree in Information System, Computer Science or related discipline
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!